Moot Court Opportunities
Moot Court at the Law School
The Law School encourages students to take advantage of the various Moot Court competitions available to them. Competitors gain valuable experience in both written and oral advocacy, as well as teamwork. When participating in an external competition, students usually have the opportunity to work in a team, travel, and network with law students from other institutions. The Hinton Moot Court competition is held annually at the Law School for 2Ls, 3Ls, and LLMs. Additionally, there are a number of Moot Court competitions in the US and abroad in which students at different stages in their degree program can participate.
Support from the Law School
Students seeking to register a team for an external moot court competition are encouraged to speak with the Dean of Students. In some circumstances, special funds are available from the Law School and the generous support of our alumni. When funding is available, it is typically used to cover registration costs. Students can submit request for funding through the Moot Court Fund Request Form.
Students seeking funding for an outside moot court competition must be sure to adhere to the University and Law School restrictions on reimbursements and costs. For information on reimbursement procedures, please refer to the Student Organization Handbook.
Law School Faculty Coach
Some competitions may require a faculty coach or advisor. Students can approach faculty members directly to discuss their needs and request that they serve as a coach or advisor.
Moot Court Teams
- ABA Media Law Diversity Moot Court
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Anderson Center Seventh Circuit Moot Court Competition - Registration Now Open. Deadline: Dec. 26, 2023.
- Chicago Bar Association Moot Court Competition
- Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Hinton Moot Court
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jessup International Moot Court
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- National Moot Court Competition
- Vis Moot Court