On behalf of our Graduate Studies Committee, I welcome you to this section of the Law School’s web page describing our J.S.D. Program. The Committee has provided extensive information here about the Program and the application process. We believe that if you will take the time to read this material carefully most of your questions will be answered. If you do have questions after reviewing this material, please feel free to write me directly. Any messages you send to me will eventually be included with your application material if you do decide to apply to Chicago.
Richard Badger, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, email@example.com.
- Basic Features of Our JSD Program. Structure and degree requirements.
- Financial Considerations. Tuition, living expenses, and financial assistance.
- The Minimum Requirements. Candidates must meet certain educational and language proficiency benchmarks to qualify to apply for our program.
- The Application Process for Candidates Who Have Studied at the University of Chicago Law School.
- The Application Process for Candidates Who Have Not Studied at the University of Chicago Law School.
- Important Dates. Dates in the application and decision sequence. Note: the application window is March 1 to April 1.
Selected dissertations authored by our JSD graduates. Please note that some recent dissertations are not listed here because the graduates are revising them for publishing in books or other media.