Handbook Menu

15.2 International Travel

Students traveling internationally on University business, or with the assistance of funding by the University, must register their travel with UChicago Traveler and sign and return a Travel Waiver. Registering on this site and completing the waiver will ensure that the University is aware of student plans and will automatically enroll them in UChicago’s International Travel Emergency Assistance program should emergency assistance be needed while abroad. This site also links students to International SOS, which is the University’s provider of emergency support when abroad. Students should also review their own personal insurance plans. 

Students who wish to travel to a country or region with a Level 3 or Level 4 warning from the U.S. State Department should first consult with the Dean of Students Office regarding their travel plans.