Handbook Menu

5.6 Voluntary Withdrawal

The Law School understands that the decision by any student to cease studies and to withdraw from their program is a serious matter and not undertaken lightly. Should a student decide to voluntarily withdraw for any reason, the student should first speak with the Dean of Students Office. A student who ultimately decides not to return to the Law School must formally withdraw their registration in writing. To do so, a student may request a Voluntary Withdrawal form from the Dean of Students.

Students on financial aid should review their awards with Financial Aid before deciding to withdraw. If a student has a loan from an outside provider, they should contact their loan servicer for more information before leaving campus.

Rarely and in limited cases, students may resume their program of study after withdrawal.