Getting Started in Hyde Park
A quick guide to Hyde Park for new residents.
- Bonne Sante Health Foods, 1512 E. 53rd St.
- Hyde Park Produce, 1226 E. 53rd St.
- Open Produce, 1635 E. 55th St.
- Treasure Island, 1526 E. 55th St.
- 61st Street Farmers Market, on Saturdays; outdoors through October at E. 61st St. and S. Dorchester Ave.; indoors November through April at Experimental Station, entrance on Blackstone Ave.
- Valley of Jordan, 1009 E. 53rd St.
- UChicago Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine Pharmacy, 5758 S. Maryland Ave., first floor
- CVS in Kimbark Plaza, 1228 E. 53rd St.
- CVS in Target, 1346 E. 53rd St.
- Walgreens, 1554 E. 55th St., store and pharmacy open 24 hours
- Katsaros, 1521 E. 53rd St.
- Chase, 6650 S. Stony Island Ave. or 1204 E. 53rd St.
- Citibank, 5812 S. Ellis Ave.
- Fifth Third Bank, 1420 E. 53rd St.
- BMO Harris Bank, 5493 S. Cornell Ave.
- Hyde Park Bank, 1525 E. 53rd St. or 1311 E. 57th St.
- Maroon Financial Credit Union, 5525 S. Ellis Ave., Suite C
- USPS, 1510 E. 55th St., west of South Lake Park Avenue
- Office Depot, at 5420 S. Lake Park Ave., offers some USPS services
- UPS Store, 1507 E. 53rd St.
Buying and Selling
Marketplace is a free classifieds website run by the student newspaper The Chicago Maroon. It's like a Craigslist that is specific to the Hyde Park area.