Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students at the University of Chicago Law School supports students from Orientation to Graduation and helps students on the path through their legal education. Our goal is to create an inclusive and safe environment for which students can thrive socially, emotionally, and academically. We aim to provide support with academic advising, wellness, inclusiveness, and community building programs.
You can schedule an appointment with a member of the Dean of Students team by clicking the links below or in our profiles. If you do not see a time that works for you, please email the team member you would like to meet with, and provide some alternate days and times that would work better for you.
Ann K. Perry - Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid & Interim Dean of Students
Jeana L. Driggers - Registrar and Assistant Dean of Students
Jesse Landstrom - Sr. Associate Director for Advising and Wellness Programs
José Luis Rodríguez - Sr. Associate Director of Student Affairs & Diversity + Inclusion
Lana Ammari - Associate Director of Student Affairs
Candace Mui - Associate Director for Student Affairs and Programs
Gina DeCoud - Senior Assistant Registrar
Report a Concern
Students with a concern at the Law School may reach out directly to Dean Perry.
For a variety of reporting options, please visit our Report an Issue page.
Jesse Landstrom, Sr. Associate Director of Advising and Wellness Programs - for questions related to degree requirements and course selection. Jesse can also assist with questions about wellness resources and academic accommodations.
Lana Ammari, Associate Director of Student Affairs - for questions related to degree requirements and course selection for dual degree and transfer students.
1Ls may also meet with the Peer Advisors, a group of 3L students who provide support and guidance.
For advising related to health or other personal issues, leave of absence, or other general matters, students may schedule an appointment with Dean Perry.
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid & Interim Dean of Students
- Questions about Law School policies
- General academic or student life questions
- Submit a concern
- Student emergencies
- Significant student life issues
Registrar and Assistant Dean of Students
- Leave of absence
- Extended class absences
- Significant Academic Issues
Sr. Associate Director for Advising and Wellness Programs
- Academic Advising appointments: review of degree requirements, planning for registration, long-term course planning, support for academic or personal challenges
- Assistance for students with disabilities: general questions about the process for seeking accommodations and assistance with implementing accommodations at the Law School
- Consultation and referrals on wellness resources
- Wellness Programming at the Law School: questions, ideas, want to collaborate? Please be in touch.
- Peer Advisor Program: questions about connecting with the Peer Advisors, or about their programs
Sr. Associate Director of Student Affairs & Diversity + Inclusion
- Diversity and Inclusion programming
- Student support for diversity and inclusion concerns
- Liaison to Faculty Diversity Committee
- Student affinity group support
- Pre-Orientation related questions
Associate Director of Student Affairs
- Academic Advising appointments for dual degree students: review of degree requirements, planning for registration, long-term course planning, support for academic or personal challenges
- Hinton Moot Court related questions
- Orientation related questions
Associate Director for Student Affairs and Programs
- LSSO event planning, scheduling, speaker approvals, and event logistics
- LSSO year-long planning
- LSSO board elections and transitions
- New LSSO leader training
- LSSO policy questions
- Graduation related questions and issues