Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students at the University of Chicago Law School supports students from Orientation to Graduation and helps students on the path through their legal education. Our goal is to create an inclusive and safe environment for which students can thrive socially, emotionally, and academically. We aim to provide support with academic advising, wellness, inclusiveness, and community building programs.
You can schedule an appointment with Dean Todd, Jesse Landstrom, or Candace Mui using our online appointment page.
Report a Concern
Students with a concern at the Law School may reach out directly to Dean of Students Charles Todd.
For a variety of reporting options, please visit our Report an Issue page.
JD degree students who wish to discuss academic advising issues, degree requirements, registration process, dual degree programs, academic accommodations, or other academic issues may schedule an appointment with Jesse Landstrom.
If you have questions about the accommodations process, please see the Assistance for Students with Disabilities page.
1Ls may also meet with the Peer Advisors, a group of 3L students who provide support and guidance.
For advising related to health or other personal issues, leave of absence, or other general matters, students may schedule an appointment with Dean of Students Charles Todd.
Dean of Students
- Questions about Law School policies
- General academic or student life questions
- Submit a concern
- Student emergencies
- Leave of absence
- Extended class absences
- Significant student life or academic issues
Associate Director for Student Affairs and Academic Services
- Academic Advising appointments: review of degree requirements, planning for registration, long-term course planning, support for academic or personal challenges
- Dual degree advising
- Assistance for students with disabilities: general questions about the process for seeking accommodations and assistance with implementing accommodations at the Law School
- Consultation and referrals on wellness resources
- Wellness Programming at the Law School: questions, ideas, want to collaborate? Please be in touch.
- Peer Advisor Program: questions about connecting with the Peer Advisors, or about their programs
Associate Director for Student Affairs and Programs
- LSSO event planning, scheduling, speaker approvals, and event logistics
- LSSO year-long planning
- LSSO board elections and transitions
- New LSSO leader training
- LSSO policy questions
- Graduation related questions and issues
Student Affairs Administrator
- Student reimbursements
- LSSO budgeting
- LSSO event support and logistics
- LSSO speaker payments and reimbursements
- General law school questions