Report an Issue

Members of the University of Chicago Law School may wish to file a report about diversity and inclusion related concerns.  Reports can be made to the Law School directly or to the University.  In some instances, the Law School must refer matters brought to its attention to the University, particularly matters that may implicate the University's Policy on Harassment, Discrimination & Sexual Misconduct.

File a report with the Law School 

Law School Diversity Concern Report Form: Members of the Law School community with diversity-related concerns may file an online report using this link.  Online submissions will be reviewed by the Dean of Students and referred to another party if appropriate.  Anonymous submissions may be made to the Law School using this form.  In some instances, concerns will be referred to the University or law enforcement as required by University policy. 

File a report with the University 

Harassment, Discrimination, & Sexual Misconduct Formal Complaint Form:  This form constitutes an official complaint with the University. Any person may file a complaint, regardless of affiliation with the University. All complaints will receive follow-up regarding next steps and resolution options.

Bias Education & Support Team (BEST): Students who experience an incident of bias can seek assistance from the Bias Education & Support Team (BEST). BEST's mission is to educate and support students affected by bias incidents and empower them to respond effectively.

Report Gender-Based Misconduct to the University: University of Chicago students may file a gender-based misconduct report with the University Office of Disciplinary Affairs.  Gender-based misconduct includes sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking.

Report Gender-Based Misconduct to Law Enforcement: Information on how students may file a gender-based misconduct report with law enforcement.

Uncertain about where to direct a concern? 

Concerns about student misconduct involving unlawful discrimination and sexual misconduct should be directed to the Associate Dean of Students in the University for Disciplinary Affairs. Jeremy Inabinet may be reached by contacting Campus and Student Life at (773) 834-4837. More information, including a direct link to file a report, is available on

If the accused is a staff employee, a staff member from Human Resource Services Employee/Labor Relations Department can guide the individuals through the appropriate process. Call (773) 702-3963.

Concerns regarding a faculty member or other academic appointee can be addressed by the cognizant academic dean and an Associate Provost, and, as warranted, by the Provost.

For more information, visit the Office for Equal Opportunity Programs website.