Application Fee Waivers
LSAC Fee Waivers
The Law School is happy to honor fee waivers granted by LSAC.
If you received a fee waiver from LSAC, the application fee will be waived automatically when you submit your application through LSAC. You do not need any additional confirmation or approval from the Law School.
Law School Fee Waivers
Fee waiver requests are accepted starting September 1 when the application becomes available until the application deadline of March 1 each year. The Law School will waive the application fee for the following JD applicants*:
- Teach for America participants and alumni who completed service within the last five years,
- Those currently serving active duty in the U.S. military, U.S. military veterans, and members of the U.S. Reserves and National Guard,
- Peace Corps participants and alumni who completed service within the last five years and who provide a letter from their supervisor confirming completion of the 27-month commitment,
- AmeriCorps participants and alumni who completed service within the last five years and who provide a letter from their supervisor confirming at least a 10-month commitment, and
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Chicago.
*The Law School does not grant fee waivers to transfer applicants unless they receive an application fee waiver from LSAC.
Requesting an Application Fee Waiver
If you are eligible for a Law School fee waiver, please email email@example.com with your eligibility and request an application fee waiver code. If eligible, we will email you an application fee waiver code. You must use this code when you submit your application through LSAC. Please do not pay the application fee. We will not be able to issue refunds to applicants who pay the fee.
Candidate Referral Service Application Fee Waivers
The Law School will also send out additional fee waivers to applicants based upon data from the Candidate Referral Service (CRS) and in conjunction with various recruiting events. The Law School is unable to consider individual fee waiver requests by email, phone, or in person outside of the eligibility requirements above.