Diversity and Inclusion Grant Initiative
The Diversity and Inclusion Grant Initiative encourages efforts that support diversity, inclusion and collaboration at the Law School. To achieve this, the Dean of Students Office will fund student-led proposals up to $5,000 for initiatives that enhance collaboration, build community and embrace diversity and inclusion of all students with respect to race/ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, viewpoint, and more.
- Develop, Implement, and Evaluate Evidence-Based Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Build and Manage Project Budgets
- Develop Sustainability Plan
- Disseminate Findings within Law School Community
- Student Intersectionalities
- Inclusive Teaching
- Gender-Based Initiatives
- Viewpoint Collaboration
- Community Engagement
- Small Awards: < $750
- Medium Awards: $750 - $3,500
- Large Awards: $3,500 - $5,000
All current students and student organizations are encouraged to apply by completing the application form. To be considered for funding, each applicant must submit a grant proposal containing the following components:
- Project Description
- Project Title
- Project Synopsis
- Project Abbreviated Timeline
- Evaluation Plan
- Law School Community Impact
- Project Budget
Proposals will be reviewed and awarded by the Diversity Committee, including the Associate Director of Student Affairs & Diversity and Inclusion and Dean of Students Office.
- We anticipate most events for the 2022-2023 year to be held in-person. Events may also be held remotely.
- Students may only submit one proposal per funding cycle (as an individual or member of a student organization).
- Length and implementation period of project must not exceed one academic year.
- Funding awards generally range from $350 - $750.
- Funding recipients are required to submit an evaluation after the completion of their event.
Funding applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will be accepted on a rolling basis, until funds are fully disbursed or Monday, April 3, 2023; whichever comes first.
For questions regarding this initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.