Diversity and Inclusion Grant Initiative
The Diversity and Inclusion Grant Initiative encourages efforts that support diversity, inclusion and collaboration at the Law School. To achieve this, the Dean of Students Office will fund student-led proposals up to $5,000 for initiatives that enhance collaboration, build community and embrace diversity and inclusion of all students with respect to race/ethnicity, gender, viewpoint, religious affiliation, sexual orientation and more. For funding consideration during this Winter cycle, please complete the application by January 24.
- Develop, Implement, and Evaluate Evidence-Based Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Build and Manage Project Budgets
- Develop Sustainability Plan
- Disseminate Findings within Law School Community
|Student Intersectionalities*||Inclusive Teaching|
|Viewpoint Collaboration*||Gender-Based Initiatives|
|Community Engagement||Implicit Bias|
Bold* categories will be given selection priority. Please take this into consideration when submitting your proposal.
|Small Awards||< $750|
|Medium Awards||$750 - $3,500|
|Large Awards||$3,500 - $5,000|
All current students and student organizations are encouraged to apply by completing the application form. To be considered for funding, each applicant must submit a grant proposal containing the following components:
- Project Title
- Project Abstract
- Project Narrative
- Project Timeline
- Project Budget
- Evaluation Plan
- Sustainability Plan
Proposals will be reviewed and awarded by the Diversity Committee, including the Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Dean of Students Office.
- Students may only submit one proposal per funding cycle (as an individual or member of a student organization).
- Length and implementation period of project must not exceed one academic year.
- Funding awards generally range from $350 - $750.
- Funding recipients are required to submit an evaluation and present findings at a Diversity and Inclusion Reception.
- Official date for reception will be shared at a later time.
|Information Session-Coffee Mess||January 8|
|Winter Application Deadline||January 24|
|Committee Review Proposals||January 24-31|
|Selected Applicants Notified||February 3|
|Program Implementation Period||February - May|
|Evaluations and Reporting||June (TBD)|
For questions regarding this initiative, please email email@example.com.