The Law School’s program of instruction is designed to train superb lawyers who will be leaders in all parts of the profession. To that end, we expect that our students will, by the time of graduation:
- Be familiar with the general approaches to the study of law and legal reasoning;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and understand key concepts in substantive law, legal theory, and procedure;
- Have the ability to write a competent legal analysis;
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct legal research;
- Demonstrate communication skills, including oral advocacy;
- Demonstrate familiarity with the rules of professional ethics;
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with the legal profession's values and standards.