2020 Virtual Public Service Interview Program (PSIP)
The University of Chicago Law School is excited to announce our 2020 Virtual Public Service Interview Program!
We understand that hiring for many organizations continues to be in a state of flux and traveling to campuses to conduct interviews is not a viable option at this time. We have therefore decided to offer a Virtual Public Service Interview Program (PSIP), so that you may conduct interviews remotely through the virtual platform of your choice. Virtual PSIP will take place from August 17 through September 18, 2020. Additional options for recruiting University of Chicago Law School students are available and noted at the bottom of this page. Questions about this program may be directed to Melissa Warner at (773) 834-7579 or email@example.com.
Two Sessions Will Be Offered
- Session I: August 17-August 28, 2020
- Session II: September 9-September 18, 2020
These program sessions are identical in format, just spread over a period of time to allow greater flexibility for employers. Please select the program session that fits best into your availability and recruiting timeline.
The registration period is now open for this program, and we ask that you complete our registration survey at your earliest convenience but no later than Friday, July 24, 2020.
Key Dates for Both Sessions
- View approved interview request and assigned interview date in Symplicity: Monday, July 20, 2020
- Student bidding: Monday, July 27 through Tuesday, August 4, 2020
- View final interview schedule in Symplicity: Friday, August 7, 2020
- This program is for rising 2Ls and rising 3Ls, and is not open to incoming first-year law students.
- The program is geared toward employers seeking to hire for summer or postgraduate positions starting in the summer or fall of 2021.
- When registering, you will be asked to indicate three preferred interview days within the Session you would like to participate in.
- Once your final interview schedule is released, you will be able to arrange remote interviews directly with the students on your schedule, to take place through a virtual platform of your choice or by phone.
Public Interest Funding
The University of Chicago Law School has committed to providing financial support to students interested in public service work through two programs: the Summer Public Interest Funding Program and the Postgraduate Public Interest Law Fellowship Program.
Guaranteed Summer Public Interest Funding Program for 2Ls:
The University of Chicago Law School is committed to supporting a range of summer public interest employment opportunities by providing guaranteed funding to second-year law students. More details for the Summer Public Interest Funding Program can be found here.
Postgraduate Public Interest Law Fellowship Program:
The University of Chicago Law School offers a limited number of one-year, postgraduate public interest law fellowships. Fellowships are awarded to competitively chosen graduating JD students who develop public interest fellowship projects with public sector host organizations. More details for the Postgraduate Public Interest Law Fellowship can be found here.
Need a Different Recruiting Option?
Employers that are unable to participate in Virtual PSIP may submit job postings at any time, which will allow you to collect applications from students and coordinate interviews as it fits into your hiring timeline. You can coordinate these interviews independently, or work through our office to organize interviews this fall or later in the academic year.
Please contact Melissa Warner, Associate Director of Employer Recruitment Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Virtual PSIP or posting a job. We look forward to assisting you in your recruiting efforts.