Loan Repayment Assistance Program 2020-2021 Application
Update as of 12/7/2020: The Department of Education (ED) has extended the federal student loan administrative forbearance period through Jan. 31, 2021. Therefore, LRAP payments will be issued once federal student loan repayment officially resumes. As funding for 2021 was not provided, please do not make a January 2021 payment. Please be sure to submit your first month’s bill once you receive it from your loan servicer to email@example.com to ensure timely LRAP payment processing.
The Law School’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) requires an applicant to submit the following three pieces of information:
1. Application Form: The application form will be available on this website by November 15, 2020. Please be sure to submit your completed application by December 15, 2020 for loan payments due in January 2021.
2. Employer Certification: The employer certification must be submitted directly to the Law School's Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by an applicant's employer by December 15, 2020*.
REQUIREMENT: When your employer, job title, or salary changes, you must submit a Job/Salary Change Certification (PDF) of that change within 30 days.
3. Loan Documentation: You must provide the following loan documentation:
- A consolidation account summary after your consolidation is complete identifying the loans included in the consolidation - This is not required if you did not consolidate your loans.
- A general account summary that identifies all loans included in your Income Driven Repayment (IDR) payment
- An IDR plan confirmation
- Your most recent bill showing your payment date, amount and repayment plan
REQUIREMENT: All loans must be in good standing and in repayment. All required loan payments must be made prior to receiving your funding; your loans must remain in repayment at all times and cannot be in forbearance.
- LRAP Application and Employment Certification as noted above.
- A payment history of your 2020 payments (this must include January through at least November).
- An IDR renewal confirmation. If your recertification has been extended, please provide your most recent IDR certification.
- Your December bill unless your renewal is in January/February/March, then your first bill under your new IDR is needed. Most students will be on emergency forbearance for December 2020. If so, please submit your first January bill.
Loan documentation should be submitted to email@example.com by December 15, 2020* when available. Any document not available by the deadline should be submitted as soon as it is received.
*Completion of your application by the December 15, 2020 deadline ensures your funding is available in January. Applications submitted and/or completed after this deadline may see a delay in receiving funding. Applications received or completed after January 15, 2021 will be processed and reviewed as time permits and may result in a significant delay in receiving funding. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE BY MARCH 31, 2021. Any application not completed by this date will be denied and applicants will forfeit any LRAP funding for 2020, unless you have received the Committee's approval prior to this deadline.