The University of Chicago Law School/FGV Forum in Law and Economics in Brazil offers a four-week lecture series online, on “hot topics” in Law and Economics. The goal of the Forum is to introduce the audience to the most up-to-date thinking about major legal and policy issues. Each topic will be presented in an original lecture by a Senior Professor from the University of Chicago Law School, and then followed by lecture on that theme by a distinguished FGV Law School (DIREITO RIO and DIREITO SP) expert in Law and Economics. The Forum is open to scholars, policymakers, judges, practitioners, and advanced students.
Program will be live-streamed on YouTube. Links are posted below.
WEEK 1: “Law, Technology, and Competition”
- Randal C. Picker, The University of Chicago Law School - Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 3:00PM
- Carlos Ragazzo, FGV DIREITO RIO - Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 3:00PM
WEEK 2: “Do Constitutional Rights Matter”
- Adam Chilton, The University of Chicago Law School - Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 3:00PM CDT
- Thomaz Pereira, FGV DIREITO RIO - Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 3:00 CDT
Week 3: Corporate and Securities Law & Economics
- M. Todd Henderson, The University of Chicago Law School -Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 3:00PM CDT
- Mariana Pargendler, FGV DIREITO SP - September 24, 2020 - 3 pm (CDT)
Week 4: The Economic Approach to Consumer Contracts
- Omri Ben-Shahar, The University of Chicago Law School - Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 3:00PM CDT
- Luciano Timm, FGV DIREITO SP - Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:00PM CDT