Law School Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
The University of Chicago is maintaining a Coronavirus Updates webpage. The page includes campus updates, health and travel guidance, resources, and other important and helpful information. Please use that page as your primary resource for COVID-19 information.
Current students will find the answers to many questions in the Autumn Quarter FAQs provided by the Dean of Students Office.
Law School Operations
- The Law School building will be closed to students and visitors beginning at 8:00 pm on Wednesday, March 18, until further notice. All staff will be working remotely and will be available by email and phone.
- The D'Angelo Law Library closed at 5 pm on Wednesday, March 18th and will remain closed until further notice. During that time, the Ask a Librarian service will be available for research assistance and other library questions. Please check the D'Angelo website for updates.
- The Law School has moved to remote learning for the entire Spring Quarter of 2020, beginning on Monday, March 30, the first day of the Law School's Spring Quarter.
Events and Travel
- All Law School events that were to take place in-person have been cancelled or postponed. Some of these events may be moved to an online format and we will communicate with attendees accordingly. Please check individual event pages for more information.
- The 533rd Convocation ceremonies will not be held on campus in June 2020 as originally planned. We are working on plans for recognizing the accomplishments of the Class of 2020.
- The University is suspending all nonessential international and domestic University travel, effective immediately until further notice.
Please continue to visit the University Coronavirus Updates page for the most up-to-date campus information.