1L Summer Job Panel
12:15-1:20, Room III
Please join us in Room III for an informal panel discussion about the 1L summer job search, applications, interviews, and how to get the most out of your internship experience. PILS has put together a group of 2Ls and 3Ls from an array of different public interest backgrounds to talk about the unique aspects of their respective practice areas.
- Evan Austin, 3L (Public Defense) - Evan worked at the Office of the State Appellate Defender ("OSAD") for his 1L summer and at Brooklyn Defender Services for his 2L summer. He ultimately plans to be a public defender, either doing appellate or trial work.
- Kathy Bruce, 3L (Civil Legal Aid/Impact Litigation) - Kathy worked at the Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago ("LAF") for her 1L summer and the New York Civil Liberties Union her 2L summer. She hopes to go into civil legal aid post-graduation and eventually make the transition to impact litigation.
- Kevin Carlson, 3L (Environmental/Government) - Kevin worked for the EPA his 1L summer and for his 2L summer he split with the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Southern Environmental Law Center. He plans to do environmental litigation work post-graduation.
- Beth Macnab, 2L (Impact Litigation/Public Defense) - Beth worked for Lambda Legal her 1L summer, and she will be interning for a public defender her 2L summer. She wants to be a public defender, and then potentially transition to impact litigation long-term.
- Dane Olsen, 2L (Clinics/Immigration) - Dane worked at the Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights his 1L summer. He is planning to transition from BigLaw to public interest work after graduation.
- David Smith, 2L (Prosecution/Government) - David worked for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Alaska his 1L summer. He is hoping to get a position as a JAG and to eventually work for a federal agency.
Snail Thai will be provided!