Students can submit events in one place, and have them appear on the Law School's website, on the building screens, and in the daily and weekly briefs emails. This is the only way in which your events will appear in any of these media, so if you do not follow this process attendance at your event may suffer.
Here's the process (please email the Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions):
Step 1. Reserve your room. Go to https://majority.uchicago.edu/ to see what rooms are available the day of your event, and to request that a room be reserved for your event.
Once the Registrar's Office has confirmed that a room is reserved for your event, move on to step 2.
Step 2. Create a web event.
- Go to the Law School's website.
- Click the "Log In" link at the bottom of any page and log in with your CNET ID and password.
- Click "Create Content" on the left hand menu, then "Event."
- Fill in the fields for Title, date, location, etc. You can leave "Program Affiliation" blank, but under "Event Category" please choose "Student Organization"
- In the field marked "Body," you may enter additional information about the event, such as a speaker's bio. Please be aware that pasting from Word can have unpleasant effects on the formatting, so if you are pasting from Word, please click the little button in the toolbar marked with a blue "W," paste your text into the box that pops up, and click "Insert."
- Click "Save." Your event will be reviewed and added to the Law School's website within one business day.
- If you need to edit information on your event, log in, find your event, and click the "Edit" tab that will appear on the page. Your event will need to be approved again.