California Law Students Association (CALsa) is a community that supports, informs, and encourages students interested in pursuing careers in California.
The purpose of this organization shall be threefold:
- To create a community of University of Chicago Law students who have connections to California or are interested in working in California post-graduation.
- To establish professional relationships with alumni of the University of Chicago Law School working in the legal field in California and provide mentorship to our members.
- To hold lunch talks and networking events where we invite attorneys from California to speak to our members about legal careers in California. Subjects may include navigating the legal market in California, preparing for OCI, applying to clerkships and public interest fellowships, and more.
- Presidents: Rebecca Chong and Lauren Dunn
- Vice President - Northern California: Carol Yao
- Vice President - Southern California: Jaston Burri
- Treasurer: Moncarol Wang
- Alumni Relations Director - Northern California: Maggie Niu
- Alumni Relations Director - Southern California: Sarah Leitner
- Social Chair: Mitchell Zia
- 2L Representatives: Jordan Jenkins and Michael Kawas