The California Law Students Association (CALsa) is an organization that supports and encourages students who are interested in pursuing their legal careers in California, connecting students with mentors who share their interests and California legal professionals.
The purpose of the organization is threefold:
- To create a community of University of Chicago Law students who have connections to California or are interested in working in California post-graduation.
- To establish professional relationships with alumni of the University of Chicago Law School working in the legal field in California and provide mentorship to our members.
- To hold lunch talks and networking events where we invite attorneys from California to speak to our members about legal careers in California. Subjects may include navigating the legal market in California, preparing for OCI, applying to clerkships and public interest fellowships, and more.
- Presidents: Danielle Tyukody and Peer Marie Oppenheimer
- Vice Presidents: Lea Haddad and Sarah Roberts
- Treasurer: Taylor Stuart
- Alumni Relations Directors: Nicole Kofman and Taha Sutarwala
- Social Chair: Juliana Steward
- 2L Reps: Sage Garcia, Billy Kosmidis, and Derrick Ray
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors for their generous support of CALsa.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Morrison & Foerster
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP