The purpose of APALSA is to support Asian and Pacific Islander (API) law students in their academic and career goals; to create a forum for discussion of a wide variety of topics relevant to APIs today, particularly in the legal field; to advocate for the interests of API law students and the API community; and to facilitate networking among APIs at the University of Chicago Law School, the greater Chicago community, and across the country. APALSA has participated in local legal clinics and community organizations, including Asian Human Services and the Indo-American Center. APALSA also regularly sponsors speakers and functions on issues relevant to APIs and serves as a contact with the Asian American Bar Association and other Chicago-area APALSAs.
- Presidents: Carol Kim and Nancy Sheu
- Treasurers: Alice Qin and Moncarol Wang
- Programming Directors: Jilliann Pak, Sean Xu, and Darice Xue
- Outreach Directors: Ally Chou, So Jung Kim, Stella Park, and Jennifer Yang
- Social Directors: Maggie Niu, Vicki Wang, Carol Yao, and Mitchell Zia
- 3Lders: Angela Chang and Rosa Chong