The purpose of APALSA is to support Asian and Pacific Islander (API) law students in their academic and career goals; to create a forum for discussion of a wide variety of topics relevant to APIs today, particularly in the legal field; to advocate for the interests of API law students and the API community; and to facilitate networking among APIs at the University of Chicago Law School, the greater Chicago community, and across the country. APALSA has participated in local legal clinics and community organizations, including Asian Human Services and the Indo-American Center. APALSA also regularly sponsors speakers and functions on issues relevant to APIs and serves as a contact with the Asian American Bar Association and other Chicago-area APALSAs.
- Presidents: Moncarol Wang '23 and Matthew Xu '23
- Treasurers: Rupan Bharanidaran '24 and Jamie Zhang '24
- Programming Directors: Ca-Zao Bui '24, Michelle David '24, and Ziyi Wang '24
- Outreach Directors: Hannah George '24, Emilia Porubcin '24, and Kristen Van Tine '24
- Social Directors: Bethany Ao '24, Georgia Huang '24, and Michael Jeung '24
- Webmaster: Robert Okada '23
- 3Lders: Ally Chou '23, So Jung Kim '23, Yang Li '23, Jilliann Pak '23, and Darice Xue '23