The Asian Pacific American Law Students Association represents the Law School both locally and nationally, facilitating interaction with other Chicago-area APALSAs. We are concerned with Asian Pacific American issues of legal interest and with furthering the interests of Asian Pacific Americans both here at the Law School and in the legal profession. We serve as a contact with the Asian American Bar Association, and participate in local legal clinics and community organizations, including Asian Human Services and the Indo-American Center. We work to educate the University of Chicago community by sponsoring speakers and functions on issues relevant to Asian Pacific Americans. In addition, we serve as a network for the Asian Pacific American students at the Law School, providing support for any concerns they may have.
- Presidents: Carol Kim and Nancy Sheu
- Treasurers: Alice Qin and Moncarol Wang
- Programming Directors: Jilliann Pak, Venus Wang, Sean Xu, and Darice Xue
- Outreach Directors: Ally Chou, So Jung Kim, Stella Park, and Jennifer Yang
- Social Directors: Maggie Niu, Vicki Wang, Carol Yao, and Mitchell Zia
- 3Lders: Angela Chang and Rosa Chong