Seeking Legal Assistance

For Nonprofit Organizations and Government Agencies

If you are a nonprofit organization or a government agency seeking more information about posting pro bono opportunities, please contact

General Public

If you are an individual seeking legal assistance, please note that University of Chicago law students cannot provide direct legal advice or services to members of the general public. For assistance in locating an attorney, please visit the attorney referral programs available online at the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, or the American Bar Association.  If you believe you are entitled to free legal assistance, contact Chicago's Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS).