The Guild Literary Complex supports divergent and emerging literary voices with our Annual Prose Awards. Every fall we recognize outstanding short fiction and non-fiction from across the State of Illinois and award $250 cash prizes to one outstanding writer in each category. Please join us on October 23, 7:30 pm, at the Chopin Theater, located at 1543 W. Division Street, as we celebrate the authors at a special reading and award event featuring all six finalists.
- Benjamin Capps for “Pigs, Dogs, and Guns”
- JH Palmer for “How to Rescue a Feral Cat”
- Gina P. Vozenilek for “Waxwing”
- Joseph Arzac for “Legacy”
- Rebecca Keller for “Short Meals of a Lifetime”
- Cyn Vargas “That Girl”
The 2013 Prose Awards were judged by Cristina Henríquez (fiction) and Miles Harvey (non-fiction). This year’s Prose Awards is sponsored in part by Wicker Park Bucktown, SSA #33. WPB SSA#33 is administered by the WPB Chamber of Commerce.
Read more at the original publication