Intellectual Property Law Society
The IPLS is a student-run organization dedicated to fostering interest in, and lively discussion about, the practice of IP law. To that end, the IPLS sponsors various presentations throughout the school year highlighting opportunities and current events in IP law. The IPLS also strives to leverage the Law School's prime location by inviting local practitioners to interface with students and share their experiences practicing IP law in one of the country's largest and most active legal markets.
If you are interested in organizing an event, please contact the Executive Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President: Alex Pechette, Class of 2017
- Executive Vice President: Julia Haines, Class of 2017
- Vice President of Finances: Huiyi Chen, Class of 2017
- "An Introduction to IP Protections for Tech Startups" (11/10/2015)
- "Careers in Intellectual Property Law" (Winter Quarter, date TBD)
- "Patent Trolls: Imposing Undue Burdens on the Judicial System or Maximizing the Enforcement of Property Rights?" (Winter Quarter, date TBD)
- "Navigating the Loyola Patent Law Interview Program" (Spring Quarter, date TBD)