Mental Health Project
- To improve the quality and quantity of community mental health services for persons with serious mental illnesses.
- To improve the quality of care provided in state mental hospitals.
- To insure that persons confined in state hospitals are treated in the least restrictive environment.
- To create a coordinated system of care for persons with mental illness in Illinois.
- To reduce the number of persons with mental illness in the criminal justice system.
- To improve the treatment provided to persons with mental illness in prisons and jails.
Clinical teacher: Mark J. Heyrman
Project Secretary: Zonda Carriel
Project Social Worker: Michelle Geller
Mental health legislation under consideration for 2011 and enacted in 2010 and other recent years (Updated: 8/27/10)