Office of Career Services Student Group Funding Requests
Student groups requesting funding/sponsorship from the Office of Career Services (OCS) must follow these guidelines:
- A written request must be submitted to OCS (email@example.com) at least two weeks prior to the program.
- The request cannot exceed $200.
- No more than 1 request can be submitted per quarter by a group.
- The event for which funding is requested must be related to legal careers.
Please note that program funding/sponsorship is not guaranteed and is at the sole discretion of OCS.
Student Organization Clerkship Programming Funding
The Law School has a funding initiative for student organizations in further support of students who are interested in exploring judicial clerkship opportunities. In addition to the 6 to 8 clerkship programs sponsored by the Law School each year, we are now able to offer supplemental funding to student groups who host a clerkship lunch time program.
Supplemental funding up to $400 per program will be provided as long as funds are available. A student organization may only receive this supplemental clerkship program funding once per academic year.
The request for funding must be made, in writing, in advance of the program (ideally several weeks or more in advance), and the program may not conflict with other OCS programs or other clerkship-related programs. Please submit your request to Lois Casaleggi at firstname.lastname@example.org and Susan Staab at email@example.com.
The request must include the following:
- Student organization name
- Student organization contact person name and e-mail
- Description of the program, including proposed speakers*
- Proposed date and room for the program
- Proposed budget for the program
*Please note that any invitations to judges must be discussed with Dean Gardner before being issued.
In addition to funding support, as always, the Office of Career Services is available to advise on potential speakers, program tips, and promotional efforts.