Plan Your Event
- Request approval from Adrienne Packard, the Associate Director of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org if your event involves VIP guest speakers (such as an alum of the Law School, an elected or appointed government official, a judge, or other VIP), children, alcohol, or is open to the public.
- Reserve a room and optionally catering and A/V equipment. (Log in with your UCLAW ID.)
- The room reservation system doesn’t work with Internet Explorer.
- Catering must be ordered 48 hours in advance. If you do not have a confirmation 24 hours before your event, contact Events Manager Lucienne Goodman at email@example.com.
- Recording requires a signed permission form (PDF).
- An audio recorder is free; staffed audio or video services may entail a fee.
- Add a calendar entry. (Log in with your CNetID.)
- Includes options to add your event to briefs emails and the building's video screens.
- View the calendar tutorial.
More ways to promote your event
- Request poster printing from the Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (up to 10 11x17 copies).
- Send a message to the school-wide LSA-Orgs listserv at email@example.com.
- Only for student organization events
- Only for events open to the entire school
- No more than two emails per event
- Send from your @uchicago.edu email address
- The central University events calendar accepts student submissions.
- Tag the University of Chicago Law School in Facebook posts or @UChicagoLaw in tweets.
- After the event, send any pictures of law students, visiting speakers, and/or faculty to the Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org —you may see them on the Law School website or in our publications!