Student Health Services

Detailed information about all student health issues, including the ones listed here, is available at the Student Health and Counseling Services page.

Insurance: The University requires all students to carry adequate medical insurance to cover, among other costs, hospitalization and outpatient diagnostic and surgical procedures in the Chicago area. The insurance requirement may be satisfied either by enrollment in the University Student Health Insurance Plan (U-SHIP) offered by the University or by completion of an insurance waiver application certifying that the student has insurance coverage comparable to the U-SHIP Plan.  For more information on U-SHIP, please go to
The University also requires all students to pay the Student Life Fee during each quarter of enrollment. This fee covers patient visits at the Student Health Service and the Student Counseling Service. Students' spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children age 14 and older who are insured through U-SHIP are also assessed the Student Life Fee and are entitled to service at these facilities.

Immunization Requirements: State of Illinois legislation requires all students to have certain immunizations for communicable diseases, including mumps, German measles, tetanus/diphtheria, and two measles shots. Students may not continue their studies after the first quarter unless they are in compliance with regulations. For further information on the immunization requirements, visit

A Special Note to Students with Special Needs: The University and the Law School attempt to meet the special needs of students. In order to maintain this tradition, it is important for us to be aware of any special arrangements we should make in trying to ensure our academic and extracurricular programs are accessible to each student. If you have a disability that may interfere with your access to programs or facilities, please contact the Dean of Students, as soon as possible after your admission to discuss your situation so that efforts can be made to accommodate you.

For additional information, please visit the following sites:

Student Health and Counseling Services:
Student Health Service:
Student Counseling Service:
Health Promotion and Wellness: