The Office of Career Services maintains an extensive collection of job search resources for student and alumni use. The Office contains a Resource Center with hundreds of print resources, as well as useful job search handouts developed by our staff and from other sources. One of the best resources to start with is the Office of Career Services Law Manual.
The Office of Career Services also maintains a page on Chalk for secure and electronic resources. In addition to information and resources on the website, students and alumni with an active CNetID can login to Chalk at https://chalk.uchicago.edu, choose the Office of Career Services page, and select the Organization Materials link. Resources are organized in various folders. The following is a sample of information available on the OCS Chalk page.
- Office of Career Services Law Student Manual
- Who Worked Where List (list of current students and their summer employment)
- OCS Weekly Bulletin (current and past editions)
- Public Interest Mentors List (alumni willing to talk to students about careers in public service)
- Chicago Four or More List (Chicago law firms with four or more attorneys)
- Vault Online Career Library (located in the Internet Resources folder)
- Job Search Resources
- Interviewing and Networking Resources
- Public Interest Resources
- Clerkship Resources
- Fall OCI Information
- Internet Resources
- Diversity Resources