Law Women's Caucus
The Law Women's Caucus addresses the interests and concerns of the women of the Law School and beyond. LWC provides a forum for debate and discussion of issues pertaining to women and gender broadly defined; devotes resources to student support and professional development; advocates in service of women's interests in society; and cultivates relationships amongst the women of the University. We also sponsor the Big Sibling Program at the Law School, which matches interested first year students with a second or third year who can offer advice and support.
Email email@example.com with questions, comments, or ideas.
Join the email listserv to stay connected with the Law Women's Caucus.
- Co-Presidents: Marisa Demko & Ayla Syed
- Vice President: Lauren Croft
- Student Liaison and Admissions Outreach Coordinator: Loren Kole
- Programming Director of Law Firm/In-House: Ashley Burman
- Programming Directors of Women’s Issues: Hope DeLap & Tahura Lodhi
- Programming Director of Academia & Government: Bianca Chamusco
- President of Communications: Carina Kan
- Professional Skills Development Chair: Kirstie Benson
- Social Chair: Jacqueline Liu
- Pro Bono and Community Outreach Chair: Nabihah Maqbool
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I sign up for the mentor program that matches 1L women with alumni?
A. The Women's Mentoring Program, not the Law Women's Caucus, facilitates the mentoring program with female alumni in the Chicago area. Separately, the Law Women's Caucus facilitates the Big Sibling Program, which connects 1L Little Sibs with 2L/3L Big Sibs.
Q. What's the difference between the Women's Mentoring Program and the Law Women's Caucus?
A. Both organizations are important parts of the Law School community, but they differ in their programming. The Law Women's Caucus hosts a variety of talks throughout the year related to women's issues and women in the law, and the LWC facilitates the Big Siblings Program. The Women's Mentoring Program works closely with the Law School's Development Office to facilitate the 1L/female alumni mentoring program and other events involving female alumni. Learn more about the Women's Mentoring Program.