Get Communications Assistance
What can the Department of Communications do for you?
- Do you want alumni and friends of the Law School to know about your event? Let us know and we can tweet it and/or add it to our Facbook page. We may even feature it in our monthly e-newsletter to alumni.
- Do you need a web site for your group? Contact Aaron to talk about options for getting you started.
- Do you need something special, such as a blog, survey, discussion board, or Chalk site? Contact Aaron and we’ll fi nd a way to meet your needs.
- Do you want to podcast an event you’re holding? The IT department can loan you an audio recorder and we will get the podcast up on the Law School’s site for you. Remember that you’ll need to get permission from the participants – Aaron can walk you through that.
- Are you having an event that requires more than just a simple poster? We can design something for you in-house and print up to 15 copies in full color up to 11x17. (We can also print your design if you’ve made one.)
- Are you having an event that needs many copies or a really fancy poster? We can work with you to get a professionally designed poster and/or work with outside printers to get professional copies made.
- Do you need programs, brochures, banners, or other printed materials? Contact us at the main communications email and we’ll fi nd a way to meet your needs.
What can you do for the Department of Communications (and the Law School)?
- Give us lots of lead time when you need a project done. Especially if we need to design something, or use any outside vendor, we may not be able to get things done with less than a week’s notice.
- Let us know when you have an event to which we should send a photographer. We’re always in need of photography showing students enjoying their time at the Law School, so let us know if you think there’s a good photo op coming up.
- Send us your pictures. If you have taken good photos of law students and/or faculty, please email them to the main communications email address or drop off a CD. We’d love to have them, and you may see them on our website or in our publications!
- Audio record and podcast your events. We’d like to podcast as many events as possible. If you’re doing an event that our alumni and friends – or even just students who couldn’t make it – might want to hear, please record it. It’s very simple and we’ll work with you to get it done.
- Put your events on our website. When you’re doing an event that you’d like to get people to attend, put the details on our website -- we’d love to help you publicize it. Details for how to do so are at http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/organizations/publicity