Our professional staff members provide extensive individual career counseling to both J.D. and LL.M. students and graduates on all aspects of career planning and job search techniques. Throughout the year, the office conducts numerous informational and skill development programs and provides materials and resources to assist with all facets of the job search.
In addition, the Office of Career Services coordinates numerous employer-contact opportunities for job seekers:
- Fall on-campus interviews with approximately 350 employers
- Winter on-campus interviews for first year students
- Off-campus job fairs with public interest employers and patent employers
- Programs, receptions and other events with employers from both the private and public sectors
- Job postings for more than 1000 summer and permanent jobs
- Application process administration for students interested in federal judicial clerkships
OCS has been particularly busy lately with our students interested in public interest employment. Record numbers of students have been successfully applying for public interest fellowships. Our International Human Rights Internship Program is in full swing with about a dozen students working in Australia, India, Korea, and South Africa. OCS also partners with the Chicago Law faculty to work with students and alumni who are interested in pursuing careers in academia.