Richard H. McAdams : Additional Activities
RESEARCH GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Invited for Fellowship, Center for Advanced Studies in Behavioral Sciences, Stanford (2005).
- National Science Foundation Award No. SES-0351530 ($84,822 for 2004-2008) w/ J. Nadler, for Expressive Law in Mixed Motive Games, by the Programs for Law & Social Science; Economics; and Decision, Risk & Management Science.
- American Bar Foundation grant ($209,000 for 2002-2006) with J. Nadler, for Expressive Law: Testing Effects of Third-Party Recommendations on Behavior in Coordination Games.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AND OTHER SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Member, National Science Foundation, Law & Social Sciences Advisory Panel (Fall 2010; Spring & Fall 2011; Spring 2012)
- Member, Editorial Board
- Annual Review of Law and Social Science (2007-2011)
- American Law and Economics Association
- Board of Directors (2005-2008)
- Program Committee (2006-2007)
- Topic Area Organizer and/or Panel Chair: 2001, 2003, 2006 (social norms & behavioral economics); 1998, 2009 (criminal law)
- Law and Society Association
- Chair, Dissertation Prize Committee (2004-2005)
- Member, Article Prize Committee (2003-2004)
- Chair, Univ. of Chicago Independent Review Committee, Chair, 2011-
- Member, Univ. of Chicago Board of Computing Activities & Services, 2009-2011
Chair, Law School Committees:
- Chair, Lateral Appointments, 2013-14
- Chair, Entry Level Appointments, 2012-13
- Chair, Clinical and Skills Training, 2010-11
American Political Science Review; Conflict Management & Peace Science; Economics & Philosophy; Federal Law Review (Australia); International Review of Law & Economics; Journal of Conflict Resolution; Journal of Empirical Legal Studies; Journal of Law, Economics & Organization; Journal of Legal Studies; Journal of Policy Analysis & Management; Journal of Politics; Law & History Review; Law & Philosophy; Law & Social Inquiry; Law & Society Review; New Criminal Law Review; Quarterly Journal of Economics; Regulation & Governance; Review of Law & Economics; Scandinavian Journal of Economics; State and Local Government Review; Supreme Court Economic Review.
American Law & Economics Association conference; Empirical Legal Studies conference; Encyclopedia of Law & Economics; Harvard University Press; National Science Foundation; Oxford University Press; Stanford University Press.
Founder and Editor, Law, Norms, and Informal Order, an Abstracting Journal of the Legal Scholarship Network, of the Social Science Research Network, since May 2005.
Conference or Symposium Organizer:
- Organizer (with R. Epstein & A. Siegler), University of Chicago Law Review Symposium on Criminal Procedure in the Spotlight: Theoretical, Constitutional, and Administrative Developments, May 2014.
- Organizer (with A. LaCroix & M. Nussbaum), Conference on The Law and Literature of Crime, Univ. of Chicago, Feb. 2014.
- Organizer (with T. Miles), Conference on The Economics of Race, Univ. of Chicago, May 2010.
- Organizer, Criminal Law Section panel on Unreviewable Discretion, AALS, annual meeting, Atlanta, Jan. 2004.
- Organizer (with T. Ginsburg & T. Ulen) of Midwest Law & Econ. Assoc. annual meeting, University of Illinois, October, 2002.
- Organizer (with T. Ulen), Symposium on Empirical and Experimental Methods in Law, University. of Illinois, April, 2001, published in 2002 Ill. L. Rev. 789-1176 Organizer and Editor, Race and Criminal Law, 73 Chi-Kent L. Rev. 467-705 (1998).