Loan Repayment Assistance Program 2014-2015 Application
The Law School’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP or HPIP) requires an applicant to submit the following three pieces of information.
The application form must be submitted by December 1, 2014* to ensure funding is available for all 2015 loan payments.
The employer certification must be submitted directly to the Law School's Financial Aid Office at email@example.com by an applicant's employer by December 1, 2014*.
All loans must be in good standing and in repayment. You must provide the following loan documents;
- A consolidation account summary after your consolidation is complete identifying the loans included in the consolidation - This is not required if you did not consolidate your loans.
- A general account summary that identifies all loans included in your IBR payment
- An IBR plan confirmation
- Your most recent bill showing your payment date, amount and repayment plan
- A payment history of your 2014 payments (this must include January through at least November)
- An IBR renewal confirmation (not required for HPIP participants)
- Your December bill showing your payment date and amount
Loan documentation should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2014* when available. Any document not available by the deadline should be submitted as soon as it is received.
Please review the following job qualifications and loan requirements.
- To qualify you must be considered a wage earning employee of a public interest agency, governmental organization or international NGO. This includes 501(c)(3) agencies, federal, state, local, or tribal positions, U.S. based international NGOs and judicial clerkships. Graduates who participate in the University of Chicago post-graduate fellowship or public service initivative programs are also eligible.
- You must be considered full-time as defined by your employer and working a minimum of 30 hours.
- The position must be legal in nature.
- All positions require final approval by the Committee.
LRAP Loan Requirements
- Applicants are required to be enrolled in Income Based Repayment (IBR).
- Only federal loans processed by the University of Chicago's Student Loan Administration (SLA) during your enrollment at the Law School are eligible.
- Funding will only be provided for IBR payments during the calendar year of participation.
HPIP Loan Requirements
- No specific repayment plan is required.
- All loans processed by the University of Chicago's Student Loan Administration (SLA) while enrolled at the Law School are eligible.
*The December 1, 2014 deadline ensures your funding is available in January. Applications completed after this deadline may see a delay in receiving funds. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE BY MAY 31, 2015. Any application not completed by this date will be denied and applicants will forfeit any LRAP/HPIP funding for 2015.