Loan Repayment Assistance Program 2012-2013 Application
The Law School’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP or HPIP) requires an applicant submit the following information.
The application form must be submitted by December 1, 2012 to ensure funding is available for all 2013 loan payments.
The employer certification must be submitted directly to the Law School's Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by an applicant's employer by December 1, 2012.
All loans must be in good standing and in repayment. The most recent bill showing payment date, amount, and repayment plan must be submitted with loan documentation. Loan documentation should be submitted to email@example.com by December 1, 2012 when available. Any documents not available by the deadline should be submitted when as soon as it is received.
Please review the following job qualifications and loan requirements.
- To qualify you must be considered a wage earning employee of a public interest agency, governmental organization or international NGO. This includes 501(c)(3) agencies, federal, state, local, or tribal positions, U.S. based international NGOs and judicial clerkships. (you do not qualify if you receive compensation through a 1099)
- You must be considered full-time as defined by your employer and working a minimum of 30 hours.
- The position must be legal in nature.
- All positions require final approval by the Committee.
LRAP Loan Requirements
- Applicants are required to be enrollment in Income Based Repayment.
- Only federal loans processed by the University of Chicago's Student Loan Administration during your enrollment at the Law School are eligibility.
HPIP Loan Requirements
- No specific repayment plan is required.
- All loans processed by the University of Chicago's Student Loan Administration while enrolled a the Law School are eligible.