Sital Kalantry : Additional Activities
AWARDS & GRANTS
- Fulbright-Nehru Senior Researcher Grant awarded by the U.S. Department of State and the government of India to conduct empirical research on Indian Supreme Court judgments in New Delhi, India, January 2012 to May 2012.
- Avon Global Center for Women and Justice selected for a site visit as part of the U.S. State Department International Program (March 2010 and March 2011).
- Outstanding Work for the Advancement of Women Award from Cornell University (2010).
- Dean Lukingbeal Award from the students at Cornell Law School in recognition of contributions made to the women students (2009).
- Outstanding Work for the Advancement of Women Award from Cornell University (2009).
- Grant from Avon Foundation for Women for $1,500,000 to establish and direct the Avon Center for Women and Justice (2009).
- Faculty Innovation in Teaching Grant from Cornell University for $10,000 to design ways to use technology to facilitate collaboration among students in clinical teams (2008).
- Editor and Blogger for IntLawGrrls, a blog on international law that is ranked among the top 25 law professors’ blogs, available at http://ilg2.org.
- Peer-reviewed and commented on articles submitted to various international human rights journals, Asian Women and Journal of Human Rights Practice.
- Judge, Cornell Transactional Lawyering Competition, November 2011 and November 2010.
- Member, Lawyers Advisory Committee, Peace Brigades International
- International Committee at Cornell Law School
- Academic Affairs and Planning Committee at Cornell Law School
- Skills Committee at Cornell Law School
- Awards Committee at Cornell Law School
- Advisor to South Asian Law Students Association at Cornell Law School
- Judge of Inter-American Moot Court Competition at American Law School, May 2007
- Human Rights Committee of the New York State Women’s Bar Association
- Human Rights Committee of the New York City Bar Association (2007-2008)
New York and Washington D.C.