The Law Women's Caucus addresses the interests and concerns of the women of the Law School and beyond. LWC provides a forum for debate and discussion of issues pertaining to women and gender broadly defined; devotes resources to student support and professional development; advocates in service of women's interests in society; and cultivates relationships amongst the women of the University. We also sponsor the Big Sibling Program at the Law School, which matches interested first year students with a second or third year who can offer advice and support.
Please check back soon for upcoming events for Fall 2015!
Our 2014-2015 events included:
- Women in Litigation: Panel discussion featuring female Assistant U.S. Attorneys and law firm litigation partners
- Tea & Truth Series: Informal, candid discussions and Q&A with a female Biglaw associate
- Women in Academia Series, featuring female University of Chicago law professors
- Women in Public Interest: Panel discussion featuring attorneys from The Shriver Center on Poverty Law, the National Immigrant Justice Center, and the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission
- Women in Transactional Law: Panel discussion featuring various female transactional lawyers from Chicago-area law firms and companies
- “Anatomy of a Case” with a female Litigation Partner at Kirkland & Ellis
- Mixer social event with women in public policy from Chicago Harris
Have suggestions for programming or speakers? Feel free to contact the LWC Board at email@example.com!