- A Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2016 will be held on Friday, June 10, 2016.
- There are two separate graduation ceremonies: the University's Convocation Ceremony and the Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony. Both will be held June 11, 2016 (rain or shine).
- The University's 527th Convocation Ceremony will be held in the Main Quad at 9:15 a.m.
- The Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony will be held at Rockefeller Chapel beginning at 11:00 a.m. or 30 minutes following the end of Convocation (whichever is later).
- The Law School will simulcast the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium. It can also be viewed anywhere around the world.
- A reception at the Law School will immediately follow the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony.
June 10, 2016 Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2016
- A special Wine Mess in honor of the Class of 2016 will be held on Friday, June 10, 2016, in the afternoon.
- Friends, family members, and guests are all invited to attend.
- If weather permits, the Wine Mess will be held outside by the fountain. In the event of rain, the Wine Mess will be held in the Green Lounge.
June 11, 2016 University Convocation begins at 9:15 am in the Main Quadrangle
- Convocation is scheduled for June 11th at 9:15 am in the Main Quadrangle rain or shine.
- The University ceremony includes the Law School and all other schools.
- The ceremony will run approximately two hours and is controlled entirely by the Office of University Events and Ceremonies.
- Approximately 20,000 chairs are placed in the Main Quad.
- Television screens will allow guests at a distance from the stage to get a closer view of the stage.
- Additional Information about the University's Convocation Ceremony can be found at: http://convocation.uchicago.edu.
June 11, 2016 Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony begins at 11:00 am in Rockefeller Chapel
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony is scheduled to begin one half hour after the University Ceremony ends (approximately 11:00 am).
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony takes place in Rockefeller Chapel and lasts approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
- This ceremony is planned by the Law School.
- Close family members, spouses, and University-recognized domestic partners who have received a degree from the University of Chicago Law School are eligible to hood graduating students. Please click here for the Hooding Application: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/graduation/hoodrequest.
- Doors open at 10:00 a.m.
June 11, 2016 Simulcast of the Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony in the Law School Auditorium and Via the Web
- The Law School will simulcast the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium.
- The doors to the Auditorium open at 10:00 a.m.
- Tickets are required.
- The simulcast will also be available via the web HERE. (NOTE: the simulcast link will not work after the graduation ceremony. See below for the video of the ceremony.)
The official Wyckoff portraits of the graduation festivities will be online by early July. To access, go to Wyckoffportraits.com/clients and click on "University of Chicago Graduation Ceremony Portraits." Ask your graduate for the password. The Law School's photos, by Lloyd DeGrane, will be uploaded to a private Flickr set that will be shared with all our graduates when available.
The official UChicago Creative video of the commencement ceremony will be provided here when it is posted. The official UChicago Creative video of the June 2015 commencement ceremony can be found by clicking HERE.