- A Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2015 will be held on Friday, June 12, 2015.
- There are two separate graduation ceremonies: the University's Convocation Ceremony and the Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony. Both will be held Saturday, June 13, 2015 (rain or shine).
- The University's 523rd Convocation Ceremony will be held in the Main Quad at 9:15 a.m.
- The Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony will be held at Rockefeller Chapel beginning at 11:30 a.m. or 30 minutes following the end of Convocation (whichever is later).
- The Law School will simulcast the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium. It can also be viewed online anywhere around the world.
- A reception at the Law School will immediately follow the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony.
June 12, 2015 Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2015
- A special Wine Mess in honor of the Class of 2015 will be held on Friday, June 12, 2015 at the Law School.
- Friends, family members, and guests are all invited to attend.
- If weather permits, the Wine Mess will be held outside by the fountain. In the event of rain, the Wine Mess will be held in the Green Lounge.
- No RSVPs or tickets are necessary.
June 13, 2015 University Convocation
- Convocation is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 9:15 am in the Main Quadrangle rain or shine.
- The University ceremony includes the Law School and all other schools.
- The ceremony will run approximately two hours and is controlled entirely by the Office of University Events and Ceremonies.
- Approximately 20,000 chairs are placed in the Main Quad.
- Television screens will allow guests at a distance from the stage to get a closer view of the stage.
- No tickets are needed for the University Ceremony.
- Additional Information about the University's Convocation Ceremony can be found at: http://convocation.uchicago.edu.
June 13, 2015 Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony is scheduled to begin one half hour after the University Ceremony ends (approximately 11:30 am).
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony takes place in Rockefeller Chapel and lasts approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
- This ceremony is planned by the Law School.
- Each graduate will receive up to four tickets and a waitlist will be maintained for graduates needing additional tickets.
- Doors open at 11:00 a.m.
- Close family members, spouses, and University-recognized domestic partners who have received a degree from the University of Chicago Law School are eligible to hood graduating students. Please click here for the Hooding Application, which can only be completed by the graduate and will open Monday, February 16, 2015: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/graduation/hoodrequest.
June 13, 2015 Simulcast of the Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony
- The Law School will simulcast the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium and on the internet.
- The doors to the Auditorium open at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets are required. Each graduate will receive up to six tickets and a waitlist will be maintained for graduates needing additional tickets.
- The simulcast will also be available via the web HERE. (NOTE: the simulcast link will not work after the ceremony. See below for the video of the 2014 Diploma and Hooding Ceremony.)
The official Wyckoff portraits from the Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony will be online by early July. To access, go to Wyckoffportraits.com/clients and click on "University of Chicago Graduation Ceremony Portraits." The password will be sent to graduates when the photos are available. The Law School's photos, by Lloyd DeGrane, will be uploaded to a private Flickr set that will be shared with all our graduates when available.
The official UChicago Creative video of the commencement ceremony will be posted HERE when it is available.