- A Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2017 will be held at the Law School on Friday, June 9, 2017. All Law School graduates and their guests are welcome to attend.
- Graduating students are invited to attend two separate graduation ceremonies: the University's Convocation Ceremony and the Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony. Both cerermonies will be held June 10, 2017 (rain or shine).
- The University's 530th Convocation Ceremony will be held in the Main Quad at 9:15 a.m.
- The Law School's Diploma and Hooding Ceremony will be held at Rockefeller Chapel beginning at 11:30 a.m., or 30 minutes following the end of Convocation (whichever is later).
- The Law School simulcasts the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium. The simulcast also can be viewed online anywhere around the world.
- The Law School hosts a reception for graduates and their guests immediately following the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony.
June 9, 2017 Wine Mess in Celebration of the Class of 2017
- A special Wine Mess in honor of the Class of 2017 will be held the afternoon of Friday, June 9, 2017.
- Friends, family members, and guests are all invited to attend.
- If weather permits, the Wine Mess will be held outside by the fountain. In the event of rain, the Wine Mess will be held in the Green Lounge.
June 10, 2017 University Convocation begins at 9:15 am in the Main Quadrangle
- The University Convocation is scheduled for June 10th at 9:15 am in the Main Quadrangle, rain or shine.
- The University Convocation includes the Law School and all other University divisions.
- The ceremony runs approximately two hours and is controlled entirely by the Office of University Events and Ceremonies.
- Seating to accommodate approximately 20,000 guests will be available in the Main Quad.
- Television screens placed throughout the Main Quad allow guests at a distance from the stage to view the proceedings.
- Additional Information about the University's Convocation Ceremony can be found at: http://convocation.uchicago.edu.
June 10, 2017 Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony begins at approximately 11:30 am in Rockefeller Chapel
- The Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony is scheduled to begin one half hour after the University Ceremony ends. This year, the Law School ceremony likely will begin at approximately 11:30 am.
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony takes place in Rockefeller Chapel and doors open for the ceremony at 10:30 a.m.
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony lasts approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
- All guests must have a ticket to enter the ceremony. Each graduate is awarded four (4) guest tickets.
- Tickets will be available online beginning Monday, May 8 at 12:00 p.m. through Friday, May 19 at 12:00 p.m.
Students do not need to sign up for extra tickets. On Monday, May 22 at 9:00 a.m., extra tickets will be available via the website on a first come, first serve basis.
- Detailed information on how gradutes obtain Diploma and Hooding Ceremony tickets can be found here.
- Close family members, spouses, and University-recognized domestic partners who have received a degree from the University of Chicago Law School are eligible to hood graduating students. Students wishing to have a family member hood them must submit the Hooding Application by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/graduation/hoodrequest.
June 10, 2017 Simulcast of the Law School Diploma and Hooding Ceremony in the Law School Auditorium and via the Web
- The Law School simulcasts the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony into the Law School Auditorium.
- The doors to the Auditorium open at 10:30 a.m.
- Tickets are not required to view the simulcast.
- The simulcast also will be available via the web HERE. (NOTE: the simulcast link will not work after the graduation ceremony. See below for the video of the ceremony.)
The official Wyckoff portraits of the graduation festivities will be online by early July. To access, go to Wyckoffportraits.com/clients and click on "University of Chicago Graduation Ceremony Portraits." Ask your graduate for the password. The Law School's photos of the Diploma and Hooding Cerermony, by Lloyd DeGrane, will be uploaded to a private Flickr set that will be shared with all our graduates when available.
The official UChicago Creative video of the commencement ceremony will be provided here when it is posted. The official UChicago Creative video of the June 2016 commencement ceremony can be found by clicking HERE.
For any questions, please contact Associate Director of Student Affairs Joe Edwards at email@example.com or 773-702-6769.