BLSA's Canned Food Drive
The Salem House Food Pantry
of the Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
We REALLY need your help. An unprecedented number of families are visiting the pantry this season. While you are enjoying fall study break, please consider buying a few cans of food for families in need.
The collection boxes will be in the Green Lounge from Wednesday, October 26 to Saturday, October 29.
Here is a list of some items requested by the Salem House Food Pantry:
- Cans of String Beans, Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Peas, Corn, and Fruit in Light Syrup
- Boxes of Stuffing, Macaroni & Cheese, Multigrain Cereals, and Cake Mix
- Bags of Nuts and Beans
- Cooking Oils
- Cans of Hearty Soups
- Canned Proteins like Tuna and Peanut Butter
- Individually Packaged Snacks (Dried Fruit, Trail Mix, Crackers)
- Reusable Grocery Tote Bags
It will make you feel great to give, and BLSA will greatly appreciate your contribution. Please help us make this our best canned food drive yet!!
If you would like to donate money (BLSA members will go grocery shopping on your behalf), please email Lauren Fladger at firstname.lastname@example.org.