Doctoroff Business Leadership Program
The University of Chicago Law School announced in October 2013 that Daniel L. Doctoroff, CEO of Bloomberg L.P., and his wife, Alisa Doctoroff, president of UJA-Federation of New York, have made a $5 million gift to create the Doctoroff Business Leadership Program at the Law School.
The Doctoroff Business Leadership Program is a certificate-granting program designed to provide UChicago Law students with the analytical tools to be preeminent not just in the practice of law, but also in business. The Program focuses on preparing law students to advise, run, and create business enterprises large and small through training in entity formation, capital structure and finance, intellectual protection, ethical regulatory issues, business combinations, and sales. The program makes available to all students a series of core business courses. In addition, it provides a smaller set of students committed to careers in business with a unique array of mentorship, internship, and enrichment opportunities not normally found in law schools.
- Complete a core business curriculum taught by Chicago Booth faculty and Law School faculty (Accounting and Financial Analysis, Corporate and Entrepreneurial Finance, Strategies and Processes of Negotiations, Business Strategy, Marketing and more).
- Participate in a 3-year mentorship program. Each student will be matched with a business mentor who will provide guidance and counseling during the student’s three years.
- Complete a summer business internship between first and second years. The Law School will work with students to identify business internship opportunities.
- Participate in enrichment activities and programs around business, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Participate in business-oriented experiential learning (Corporate Lab, Housing Initiative or Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship).
Each year, one student admitted to the Doctoroff Program will be selected as a Zubrow Scholar and awarded a full-tuition scholarship to the Law School.
For more information, see the announcement of the program.
Harry A. Bigelow Distinguished Service Professor of Law
Chicago Booth Faculty
Philip G. Berger
Wallman Family Professor of Accounting
Steven Neil Kaplan
Neubauer Family Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance
Professor of Behavioral Science