Helen Wan, "The Partner Track"
Helen Wan is Associate General Counsel at the Time Inc. division of Time Warner. Before that, she practiced corporate and media law in firms in New York. Born in California and raised near Washington, D.C., Wan is a graduate of Amherst College and the University of Virginia School of Law. Helen will be discussing her new book The Partner Track and its major themes including:
- Cultural & gender diversity in the work place
- Glass ceilings for minority women and women in high powered jobs
- Best practices for top firms and companies to attack and retain minority and female talent
- Empowering women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups to succeed
- Balancing a demanding career as a lawyer with a writing life
This talk was recorded on November 6, 2013 and was sponsored by Law Womens' Caucus and APALSA.