Panel on Immigration Reform: "International, National and State Perspectives"
This talk was recorded April 7, 2010, and was sponsored by the Public Interest Law Society at the University of Chicago Law School. It featured:
- Professor Adam Cox, Moderator
- Susan Gzesh, Senior Lecturer and Executive Director of the University of Chicago Human Rights Program, who will speak about using the framework of international human rights to evaluate migration policy options.
- Maria Woltjen, Lecturer in Law and Director of the Immigrant Child Advocacy Project at the University of Chicago, who will speak about making the case for a change in the law by using international standards to advocate for unaccompanied immigrant children who are detained by the U.S. government.
- Ahilan Arulanantham, Lecturer in Law and Director of Immigrants’ Rights and National Security at the ACLU of Southern California, who will speak about domestic policy and impact litigation for immigrants’ rights.
- Fred Tsao, Policy Director at the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, who will speak about the state-level political organizing taking place for immigration reform in Illinois.