Manhood in American Law and Literature - "The Manly Man: Guns, Courage, Failure"
The University of Chicago Law School’s Manhood in American Law and Literature conference, which took place on February 17th and 18th, 2012, brought together a number of distinguished thinkers from a variety of fields to discuss issues of sexuality and law within the context of literary works. The conference was organized by Professors Eric Slauter, Alison LaCroix, and Martha Nussbaum, in the hope that it would catalyze thinking about significant issues of sexuality and the law in American society.
This panel, recorded on February 17, 2012, featured:
- Chair: Eric Posner
- Richard Posner: Manhood in Hemingway
- Deak Nabers: Law from a Gun: Nuclear Warfare, Manhood, and Post-World War II Constitutional Formalism
- Douglas Baird: American Stoic
- Title: Manhood in American Law and Literature - "The Manly Man: Guns, Courage, Failure"
- Length: 104:14 minutes (95.43 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)