Gender, Law, and the British Novel: Law and Family
This panel was recorded May 15, 2010, as part of the conference "Gender, Law, and the British Novel," organized by Martha Nussbaum, Alison LaCroix, and Jane Dailey. Participants included:
- Martha Nussbaum, "The Stain of Illegitimacy: Gender, Law, and Trollopian Subversion"
- Saul Levmore, "Primogeniture, Legal Change, and Trollope"
- Julie Suk, "Moral and Legal Consequences of Wife-Selling in The Mayor of Casterbridge"
- Chair: Julia Simon-Kerr
- Title: Gender, Law, and the British Novel: Law and Family
- Length: 143:51 minutes (131.7 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)